MIM 2017 Registration Page FINAL
TRANSFORM YOUR MIND & THE WORLD THIS MAY
JOIN THOUSANDS TAKING THE ONE MONTH TEN MINUTE A DAY MEDITATION CHALLENGE
DONATE OR GET SPONSORED TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD
CREATE A CLEAR MIND FOR YOU AND CLEAN WATER FOR OTHERS
* This online mindfulness program sells for over $300 after Mindful in May is finished – Save more than $250 by registering now!
Learn from the world’s leaders in mindfulness IN THIS one month online program, including guided meditations & exclusive video interviews
WHAT IS MINDFUL IN MAY
Mindful in May is a one month, online meditation training program that teaches science based mindfulness meditation tools to busy people, who want to feel less stressed and experience greater happiness and flourishing in life.
Along with learning tools to transform your own life for the better, you’re invited to contribute to a greater global cause through donating or fundraising to transform the lives of others living in poverty. Donate or fundraise to bring the gift of clean, safe drinking water to the 1 in 10 people on the planet who struggle daily without access to this most basic human need.
Whether you are brand new to meditation or just needing some motivation to get back on track, the Mindful in May online program will offer you powerful tools and teachings to transform your mind and life towards greater happiness and effectiveness at home and at work.
IN THE MEDIA
Clear mind for you, clean water for others.
Learn to meditate for 10 minutes a day, learn from world leading mindfulness teachers with the Mindful in May online program and make a positive difference in the world. Register before May 1st 2017!
HOW DOES MINDFUL IN MAY WORK?
SAVE OVER $250 WHEN YOU REGISTER NOW TO MINDFUL IN MAY
This online program is offered at other times in the year for over $300 but when you register for Mindful in May now you get more than a 80% off the price.
We reduce the price of this course for the Mindful in May campaign so you can learn mindfulness from the world's best experts AND at the same time donate or fundraise for the cause.
This May you can meditate AND make a positive difference in the world.
Register to receive access to the world class, one month online mindfulness program starting May 1st delivered daily to your inbox. Take the challenge to meditate 10 minutes a day during May. The registration fee gets you access to the online program and is not a donation.
STEP 2Make a donation or get sponsored to stay motivated to meditate every day in May. This year it only takes $50 to bring clean safe drinking water to one person for life! NB: donations are only tax deductible if you are based in USA.
Be inspired and transformed by the one month program including audio guided meditations and video interviews with global experts in mindfulness and wellbeing.
Experience the benefits of a regular meditation practice AND know you’ve literally saved lives through your fundraising or donation to the cause. It’s a win, win.
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR MINDFUL IN MAY YOU’LL RECEIVE:
Weekly modules including video interviews and audio guided meditations addressing different areas of mindfulness
Daily lessons accessed through the learning platform with clear, accessible guidance on how to meditate
Optional daily text messages to help you develop a habit of meditation and provide you with extra support
Simple mindful exercises that you can squeeze into the busiest day to create more calm and focus
Over 10 hours of video with leading global mindfulness and wisdom teachers and brain researchers from around the world
3-4 guided audio meditations each week for you to use to create a daily habit
A digital meditation journal to keep track of your progress
A private online community of fellow meditators who will be taking the challenge alongside you and supporting you to practise
Daily emails to remind you to meditate and build the habit
- What is mindfulness and how can it enhance your daily life?
- How mindfulness can literally transform your brain for the better, so that you can start changing your brain from the inside out (once you’ve heard this you’ll be motivated to practice every day)
- How to overcome the impossible task of stopping your thoughts (hint: it involves not trying to stop your thoughts!)
- The one most important tip to create a meditation practice you actually want to do
- How mindfulness can help you break bad habits
- How mindfulness can help you enhance your physical wellbeing
- How mindfulness can help you manage pain
- Learning how to relax
- Sleeping better
- Developing better ways to manage stress and anxiety
- Learning how to manage the expected obstacles that will come up in your meditation practice
Focus Your Mind and Come Back To What Matters Most
You will learn:
- A guided mindfulness practice to deepen your focus and improve your effectiveness in daily life
- How to become more focused, productive and efficient, so that you can perform at your peak and thrive under pressure
- How to let go of your inner critic and be more kind to yourself (in a way that does NOT compromise your productivity)
- How to tune into flow and live aligned to your purpose
- How mindfulness can help you get clearer on your values and make better decisions
You will transform your life by:
- Developing more focus
- Becoming more effective at work
- Becoming more present in your relationships
- Learning a powerful technique to bring greater kindness to yourself (good for your mental and physical wellbeing)
Explore Practices To Build Greater Happiness and Wellbeing
You will learn:
- Powerful practices to enhance positive emotions so that you can manage your moods and prime yourself for positivity
- Cutting edge science about how positive emotions can boost your health
- The science of love and how practising meditation can reduce loneliness, increase your sense of connection and as a result improve your health
- A powerful, simple practice to support you to be more present and respond more wisely in daily life
- The common challenges that arise when beginning mindfulness meditation (and the tried and true techniques to overcome these obstacles)
- How mindfulness can help you manage your emotions more effectively
You will transform your life by:
- Experiencing greater emotional balance
- Having a powerful way of supporting greater happiness and connection in daily life
- Improving the quality and intimacy of your relationships
- Experiencing greater ease in daily life
- Making wiser more effective decisions when under pressure
Nourish Yourself and Build Resilience
- A powerful practice to help you stay anchored to gratitude
- The science of resilience and how to build greater resilience to manage the inevitable stresses of life
- The 5 C’s of resilience and how mindfulness can support you to grow these qualities
- An inspiring story of resilience and tips on how to turn hardship into opportunities for growth
- Mindful eating and tips on creating an inner and outer environment for flourishing
- A mindfulness practice to build greater courage and manage difficult emotions
You will transform your life by:
- Improving your resilience
- Developing tools and practices towards greater courage
- Becoming a powerful director of your own life
- Becoming inspired to live your highest potential
HOW TO CREATE A FUNDRAISING TEAM FOR YOUR ORGANISATION OR FRIENDS.
If you’d like to register a mindful in may challenge fundraising team and meditate and fundraise with your workmates or friends here is what you need to do.
Go to www.mindfulinmay.org
Register for the Mindful in May 10-minute a day challenge and online program (registration fee of $49 or $39 early bird before April 21st- this program is offered at other times of the year for over $300 so it’s a massive saving when you join during the Mindful in May campaign). The registration fee gets you access to the online one month program starting May 1st. (NB: this is not a donation).
Skip the donation step (and donate when you set up your fundraising team)
You’ll be invited to fundraise
Tick “yes” to fundraise for the cause and choose “create a team” for your fundraising page
Then to get people to join your meditation and fundraising team:
Invite them to register via mindfulinmay.org to receive the online program and then select “join a fundraising team” when asked if they want to fundraise.
WHO SHOULD DO MINDFUL IN MAY?
BEGINNER MEDITATOR OR NEEDING A REBOOT
You’ve taken yoga classes and been through a green smoothie making phase but meditation is still on your to do. The demands of life sometimes stress you out and you need practical tools to manage your emotions, be more present and connected to yourself and those around you in life. You might be in a life transition, seeking a new direction or clarity around what you should do with your life. Mindful in May will introduce you to meditations that not only calm and relax you but also help you listen more deeply into your life’s purpose and mission.
TIME POOR BUSY PARENTS JUGGLING KIDS AND CAREERS
If you’re a parent stretched to the max and hanging on by your fingernails, Mindful in May will support you to create more space and manage the many things you need to do with greater ease and calm. Through the range of different meditations and interviews you’ll learn tools that you can teach to your children to manage stress and build resilience. Maybe you’ve tried meditating before found that you couldn’t stop the thoughts from racing and decided that you’re a terrible meditator. (Hint: you’ll learn a crucial teaching in the Mindful in May program that will help you overcome this challenge and make you crave meditation)
PROFESSIONALS AND ENTREPRENEURS LOOKING TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE
You’re a driven, ambitious type and you’re always on the go. Relaxation and free time are rare in your world but you need ways to let your mind and body rest so you have the resilience that’s needed to be successful over the long term. You’re committed to staying physically at the top of your game and you’ve read in the Harvard Business Review or Forbes, that mindfulness can help you train your mind to function at its best. You’re wanting a way to be more focussed and productive at work and switch off your mind at the end of a busy day. Mindful in May has been designed for busy people like you, and it’s all based in rock solid science that tells us this practice can literally change your brain for the better.
What Past Participants Say
By committing to daily meditation for one month I could unequivocally see the benefits. Prior to this I settled for squeezing in 4 or 5 20 minutes meditations throughout the week. This month showed me it’s easy and truly beneficial to get in meditation each day even if it’s just 10 or 12 minutes. I really enjoyed the daily email and looked forward to the new weekly meditation. Prior to MIM I primarily practiced Transcendental Meditation. MIM broadened my experience to other forms of mediation. I loved the progression you provided in the weekly meditations starting with the body scan, then breath, then breath and sounds. I’m really finding the meditation on breath, sound and thought helpful under pressure situations both at work and in competition (critical hold or break points in tennis tournaments). ~ Mike Schement
In this fast paced, hyperconnected world where multi-tasking is the norm, taking a pause and training your attention is a radical act.
Mindfulness meditation is a powerful tool that can help us upgrade our inner technology – the mind, to keep up with demands of our increasingly complex world.
Just like our bodies, our minds need training to function at their best. Mindfulness meditation is a form of mental training that supports the mind to be more focussed, clear and effective. It’s often described as the practice of bringing your full attention, in an open, non-judgmental way to the present moment.
Mindfulness is sweeping across the globe and training has now been implemented in many different sectors including in schools, hospitals, corporations, and government.
There is now compelling evidence supporting the fact that mindfulness meditation when practised regularly, can lead to:
- Structural changes in the brain associated with enhanced mental performance
- Reduced stress and it’s negative impact on the body and mind
- Improved physical and mental well being
- Reduced genetic ageing through it’s protective impact on gene expression and degeneration
- Increased happiness.
- Enhanced immune function
There’s only one way to find out the benefits of meditation, give it a go!
FOUNDER AND HOST OF MINDFUL IN MAY
Dr Elise Biaylew
Elise Bialylew, doctor, coach and wellness innovator. She has combined her passion for community, with her professional expertise in the field of psychiatry, coaching and mindfulness to create the Mindful in May challenge. She is passionate about using technology to create conscious communities that can make positive change in the world and has inspired thousands of people worldwide to meditate while raising money to build clean water projects in developing countries. She thrives on making ideas happen and supporting people and organisations in reaching their highest creative potential at The Mind Life Project. She has attended retreats and seminars with leaders in the field including Jon Kabat-Zinn and her work has featured in the Huffington Post, New York Times, and on Australian Television. She will be your mindful guide this May through her recorded audio meditations and exclusive interviews with global leaders in the field of Mindfulness and wellbeing.
Can I make cash donations?
Are donations tax deductible?
I like the idea of meditation but I don’t think I can do it for a month? Is there any way I can participate for a shorter time?
I'm an experienced meditator and would like to challenge myself to sit for longer, can I still participate?
How do I create a Mindful in May fundraising meditation team for my friends or workmates?
- Go to www.mindfulinmay.org
- Register for the Mindful in May 10-minute a day challenge and online program (registration fee of $49 or $39 early bird before April 21st- this program is offered at other times of the year for over $300 so it’s a massive saving when you join during the Mindful in May campaign). The registration fee gets you access to the online one month program starting May 1st. (NB: this is not a donation).
- Skip the donation step (and donate when you set up your fundraising team)
- You’ll be invited to fundraise
- Tick “yes” to fundraise for the cause and choose “create a team” for your fundraising page
- Then to get people to join your meditation and fundraising team:
- Invite them to register via mindfulinmay.org to receive the online program and then select “join a fundraising team” when asked if they want to fundraise.
How long can I access the Mindful in May online program for once I register?
Is it possible for a corporate company to register a fundraising team and pay for all the participants?
Is Mindful in May a not for profit?
When we donate how do we know the money will go where it is needed?
How much of my donation actually reaches the projects?
The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself.
– Sogyal Rinpoche