Transform your mind and the world with just 10 minutes of meditation a day this May
Global program Mindful in May teaches people to meditate while raising money for a global cause
January 2019 - Mindful in May, the world’s largest online mindfulness meditation and fundraising campaign, returns for its seventh year. The campaign, which attracts thousands of participants annually, has two important goals; to help people find calm and clarity through ten minutes of mindfulness meditation every day during the month of May, and raise money for clean water projects in developing countries across the globe.
Research undertaken by Monash University revealed that participants of the program experienced measurable, positive health benefits. These included greater focus, improved stress management, increased levels of self-compassion, greater positivity and reduced negative emotions.
The program offers an evidence-based approach to mindfulness and includes exclusive video interviews with global experts in well-being, mindfulness and the brain, including New York Times bestselling authors Dr Daniel Siegel, Daniel Goleman, and Mark Epstein. Mindful in May has also had the support of ambassadors such as Magda Szubanski and partners such as Google HQ in Silicon Valley.
Mindful in May founder, Dr Elise Bialylew, a doctor, mindfulness meditation expert and author of bestselling book The Happiness Plan, is determined to bring the transformative power of mindfulness to people around the world, while simultaneously improving the lives of those living in poverty. “It’s like a fun-run for your mind, where you learn tools to develop greater mental fitness and resilience”, Elise explains. “While also doing your bit to raise funds for those in the world who are most in need of help.”
Depression is the leading cause of global burden of disease in developed countries and one in ten people on the planet in developing countries are unable to access clean, safe drinking water. “Mindful in May tackles these two global health issues at the same time – mental wellbeing and the water crisis in the developing world,” she adds. “So far the initiative has taught over 30,000 people to meditate and raised over $600,000 to provide over 12,000 people with clean, safe drinking water.”
Registration and fundraising open at the beginning of April and, from May 1st, participants commit to practicing just ten minutes of mindfulness everyday, throughout the month. Participants can sign up as an individual or create a meditation fundraising campaign with family, friends or work colleagues.
In addition, they are invited to donate or be sponsored to stay accountable to the daily meditation challenge, while they make a positive difference in the world.
Transform your mind and the world with just 10 minutes of meditation a day this May. Join Mindful in May www.mindfulinmay.org #mindfulinmay @mindfulinmay
COPY FOR NEWSLETTERS
Why not mention in your newsletter? You can copy and paste the text below to make it easy.
Join Mindful in May and learn mindfulness with the world’s best experts
Mindful in May is the world’s largest annual, online mindfulness fundraising campaign. It's a one month online program featuring exclusive in-depth interviews with world leaders in the field of meditation and wellbeing, who each share their latest scientifically-backed, cutting-edge insights to help you flourish. So far the initiative has not only taught over 30,000 people to meditate, it has also raised over $600,000 to transform the lives of more than 12,000 people through the gift of clean, safe drinking water.
Transform your mind and the world with just 10 minutes of meditation a day this May.
Register Now www.mindfulinmay.org. #mindfulinmay @mindfulinmay
ARTICLES ON MINDFULNESS TO SHARE
Below are some articles written by the Mindful in May founder Dr Elise Bialylew. You can share them as guest posts on your website and share on social media with #mindfulinmay
If you’d like to publish them on your blog as guest posts, just copy and paste them. Please make sure you attribute any article to Mindful in May and the writer Dr. Elise Bialylew, Founder and host of Mindful in May. If sharing on social media please tag @mindfulinmay and #mindfulinmay.
- 4 ways mindfulness can help you manage the emotional rollercoaster ride of motherhood
- Five world leading mindfulness teachers share their tips on Mindfulness Meditation
- Five scientific reasons to practise Mindfulness
- How to practise mindfulness in daily life
- Four ways mindfulness can make you happier
- Six ways mindfulness meditation can make you a better entrepreneur
- How to mindfully manage a tantrum
- Mindfulness for social media addiction
SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- PAUSE. Close your eyes. Count three breaths – You just meditated. Want more? Sign up to #mindfulinmay @mindfulinmay
- This May I’ll be transforming my mind – and the world. Will you join me? #mindfulinmay @mindfulinmay
- #meditating for 10 min/day is proven to sharpen your focus. I’m trying it out for #mindfulinmay. Join me? @mindfulinmay
- #mindfulinmay – a global one month #meditation challenge to fund clean #water projects. I’m in. Are you? @mindfulinmay
- Clear mind for you. Clean water for others. This month I’m joining #mindfulinmay – will you? @mindfulinmay
- Your #mind is your biggest resource. What are you doing to #nourish it? Here’s an idea: @mindfulinmay #mindfulinmay