MIM Community: Jonni Pollard, mindful co-founder of 1 Giant Mind
Jonni is a social entrepreneur driven to affect meaningful progressive change in the world through facilitating a philosophical, scientific and experiential understanding of human consciousness and the role our minds play in shaping our personal and collective experience. Jonni has over 15 years experience in film, television and event production. He is a multi award winning executive producer and now a full time meditation teacher. His entrepreneurial leadership skills spearhead the 1 Giant Mind initiative. www.1giantmind.org
1. What led you to meditation?
2. What value has practising meditation brought to your life?
3. How has meditation supported you in your professional life?
As a meditation teacher and the Executive Director of a meditation research and education organisation, one giant mind, it has helped me in every way imaginable.
4. What are the biggest obstacles to your practice?
5. What is a quote that most inspires you and why?
6. What is a book that has opened you to new ideas and inspired your growth and why?
The Bhagavad Gita- Translation and commentary by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. There is literally to much in this wonderful offering by Maharishi to mention. Each time I read it, I get more and more out of it. It will remain timeless and endless in it’s delivery of the simplest and most ancient wisdom of living a life of frictionless ease in the face of challenges and demands.
7. What Mindful Music do you listen to (ie. music that grabs your full attention and brings you into the moment).
Thats an interesting question… My experience is that music doesnt determine how mindful I am of it, it depends more on my mood and my willingness to allow it in. If it sounds sweet then my sense involuntarily embrace it. Some days some music grinds on me and in other days I cant get enough of it. If i was to pic a genre of music that never seems to grind on me, it would be the Indian classic ragas known as Ghandarva Veda. This music mimics the rhythms in nature and one cant help but be uplifted by it.
new to MINDFULNESS?
FREE MEDITATION: 21 MINS TO RELAXATION
Curious about mediation? Join Dr. Elise Bialylew for a guided mindful meditation.