Alison Morgan is a mindful connector and coach
1. Do you meditate if yes what value has practising meditation brought to your life?
Yes, I meditate twice daily; morning and afternoon. Meditation creates space & clarity in my increasingly busy lifestyle.
2. What is one life lesson you’ve learned that you could share with us?
Patience is a life lesson which is invaluable. Enjoying the journey is sometimes far better than when you finally arrive at the destination!
3. How has meditation supported you in your professional life ?
My workload is incredibly busy. Coupled with having 2 children and a husband who works long hours, it’s quite a manic multi-tasking life I lead. Meditation brings calmness and allows me to take some time out. By allowing myself these moments of stillness, this creates space and clarity that would otherwise be very difficult to find.
4. What are the biggest obstacles to your practice?
Finding time to meditate some days! There are days where I skip my meditation purely because what I need to achieve and get done work-wise, eek!
5. What is a quote that most inspires you and why?
“The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling” I’m passionate about linking the health & wellness industry through my networking events, and empowering my health & wellness business coaching clients through my coaching. This is absolutely my calling in life – this quote couldn’t be closer to the mark!
6. What is a book that has opened you to new ideas and inspired your growth, why?
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. The book encourages the reader to dare greatly, embrace vulnerability and imperfection and to live wholeheartedly – what more could you ask for in a read!
7. Why are you being Mindful in May?
Being Mindful is appreciating the now. I am 100% committed to living in the present and enjoying what we have surrounding us.
Alison is Director of Relauncher (www.relauncher.com.au), a source for Health and Wellbeing solutions. Alison is a Health & Wellbeing Business Coach and also the creator of the Australian Health & Wellbeing Networking Events.