How to Spread the Mindful Ripple – Fundraising Tips
This year funds raised by our Mindful in May community will go towards Charity Water’s clean water projects in Uganda. It only takes $35 to transform someone’s life through clean water.
So what’s the best way to spread the mindful ripple and get your family and friends to sponsor you to be mindful in may?
The most important thing you can do is let your friends and family know that you’re taking the challenge. Follow these steps to help spread the word.
- To share your profile login to your mycause campaign page.
- You’ll land on your campaign page which looks like this:
- Click on the share icons. They’ll link you to share your profile across email and social media.
- You’ll land on the share page page where you can find a link to your fundraising profile and an email template you can send out to your contacts. Share with as many people as possible – you’ll be surprised at the support you’ll get for taking the challenge!
More fundraising ideas and resources
If you really want to ramp up your fundraising efforts, here are some more ideas for you to try:
- Host your own Mindful in May fundraising event!
Invite your communities to help raise funds for the cause! You could host your own screening of the Connection Documentary, have a music event, a meditation event – be creative! you can also post your event up on the MIM Events Calendar. We do ask that you keep in the spirit of the campaign and read the guidelines when submitting events.
- Put posters up around your workplace or community centre.
You could even write your fundraising URL on the bottom to encourage people to donate to your campaign! Download posters here.
- Add a little something to your email signature.
This May I’m taking 10 minutes each day to meditate while raising funds for clean water projects. Will you support me? [insert your fundraising URL here]
- Share these graphics on social media.
And include your fundraising URL in the message.
- When someone donates to your campaign, thank them publicly.
“Thanks to [tag your friend] for supporting me to be Mindful in May! Your generous donation will help bring clean water to people in Uganda! If you’d like to donate to my campaign there’s still time. Head to: [your profile URL]”
new to MINDFULNESS?
FREE MEDITATION: 21 MINS TO RELAXATION
Curious about mediation? Join Dr. Elise Bialylew for a guided mindful meditation.