Sweetener Free Good Fat Cake | The Merrymaker Sisters
A “good fat cake” is all about that delicious taste without the guilt – one of life’s greatest pleasures! This one makes plenty of serves, and you can have the prep work done in less time than it takes to sit down and watch a movie. If you’re feeling inspired, you might even like to meditate away the time while you’re waiting for the cake to firm up in the fridge!
prep time: 1 hr 30 min
stuff you need
for the base
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
2 tbs. ghee or coconut oil
1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
pinch of salt
for the filling
1 1/2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2/3 cup ghee or coconut oil
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Line the base of a 20 cm (8 inch) springform cake tin with baking paper and grease the edges with a little coconut oil.
- Place all of the base ingredients into your food processor.
- Whiz these ingredients until a smooth paste forms.
- Press the base into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly, covering the entire base.
- Place into the freezer.
- Now for the filling.
- Place all the filling ingredients into the food processor and whiz until completely smooth. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the filling on top of the base.
- Shake the tin to even out the top and place the cake into the fridge for around 1 1/2 hours or until set.
- Rub the outside of the cake tin with a hot cloth and release the springform slowly.
- Cut into slices and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
There you have it! A good fat cake that won’t leave you wanting.