Sweetener Free Good Fat Cake | The Merrymaker Sisters
A “good fat cake” is all about that delicious taste without the guilt – one of life’s greatest pleasures! This one makes plenty of serves, and you can have the prep work done in less time than it takes to sit down and watch a movie. If you’re feeling inspired, you might even like to meditate away the time while you’re waiting for the cake to firm up in the fridge!
prep time: 1 hr 30 min
stuff you need
for the base
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
2 tbs. ghee or coconut oil
1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
pinch of salt
for the filling
1 1/2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2/3 cup ghee or coconut oil
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Line the base of a 20 cm (8 inch) springform cake tin with baking paper and grease the edges with a little coconut oil.
- Place all of the base ingredients into your food processor.
- Whiz these ingredients until a smooth paste forms.
- Press the base into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly, covering the entire base.
- Place into the freezer.
- Now for the filling.
- Place all the filling ingredients into the food processor and whiz until completely smooth. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the filling on top of the base.
- Shake the tin to even out the top and place the cake into the fridge for around 1 1/2 hours or until set.
- Rub the outside of the cake tin with a hot cloth and release the springform slowly.
- Cut into slices and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
There you have it! A good fat cake that won’t leave you wanting.
Looking for more inspiration? Click here to go back to the blog, or here to come and hang out with us on Instagram.