Sweetener Free Good Fat Cake | The Merrymaker Sisters
prep time: 1 hr 30 min
stuff you need
for the base
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
2 tbs. ghee or coconut oil
1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
pinch of salt
for the filling
1 1/2 cups unsweetened dessicated coconut
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2/3 cup ghee or coconut oil
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Line the base of a 20 cm (8 inch) spring form cake tin with baking paper and grease the edges with a little coconut oil.
- Start with the base
- Place all of the base ingredients in to your food processor.
- Whiz these ingredients until a smooth paste forms.
- Press the base in to the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly, covering the entire base.
- Place in to the freezer.
- Now for the filling.
- Place all the filling ingredients in to the food processor and whiz until completely smooth, this will take around 5 minutes.
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the filling on top of the base.
- Shake the tin to even out the top and place the cake in to the fridge for around 1 1/2 hours or until set.
- Rub the outside of the cake tin with a hot cloth and release the spring form slowly.
- Cut in to slices and store any left overs in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
new to MINDFULNESS?
FREE MEDITATION: 21 MINS TO RELAXATION
Curious about mediation? Join Dr. Elise Bialylew for a guided mindful meditation.