Introducing The Green Smoothie
Many of you may already be drinking green smoothiees regularly, we’d love to hear what you mix together? If you have never tried this and have a blender at home, making a green smoothie in the morning takes about five minutes and is a very mindful way to start your day.
A nice smoothie combination to try is:
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2-3 cos lettuce leaves (or more if you want extra greens!)
- some mint leaves (optional)
- 1 banana
- 1 pear (peeled)
- 100mls water (just to cover the bottom of the blender)
I also thought it sounded weird when I was first introduced to it, give it a go, you won’t look back.
Some variations on the same theme include:
- adding half an avocado
- using frozen banana coated in coconut (you need a powerful blender for that)