The Green Smoothie: The Ultimate Mindful Meal
Introducing The Green Smoothie
Many of you may already be drinking green smoothies regularly. If so, we’d love to hear what you mix together? If you have never tried this and have a blender at home, making a green smoothie in the morning takes about five minutes and is a very mindful way to start your day.
A nice smoothie combination to try is:
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2-3 cos lettuce leaves (or more if you want extra greens!)
- some mint leaves (optional)
- 1 banana
- 1 pear (peeled)
- 100mls water (just to cover the bottom of the blender)
I also thought it sounded weird when I was first introduced to it, but once you give it a go, you won’t look back.
Some variations on the same theme include:
- adding half an avocado
- using frozen banana coated in coconut (you need a powerful blender for that)